Monday, April 14, 2008

Just a word of thanks

to our newest Grandpa...our very own Uncle Markie!!!! Thank you for your music recommendation, I've spent the past 3 days listening to Jonny Lang! He's awesome and makes me want to learn how to play the electric guitar...the guy got skillzzzzzzzzz and that voice...WOW! It's hard to believe that he's a skinny white kid, well I guess he's a man now. I've never been a huge fan of blues, I like it but I usually have to be in the mood but he's bluesy but not too bluesy where I wouldn't want to listen to it all the time. It's a nice change of pace. I do have to point out that his most recent cd is WAAAAAY less bluesy which was surprising and if I had been a long time fan, I probably would have been disappointed. BUT I like it and I'm gonna try to talk Love Machine into taking me to go see when he comes to town this summer. :)

2 comments:

Markie23 said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying Jonny Lang! I am not a big fan of his latest two albums (more pop than blues) but your generation may like them more; but his first three CD's are really my all time favorites. I have listened to them more than any other CDs ever and have never gotten tired of them. There are some great ballads on those CD's too.

And if you like those, you should also try Kenny Wayne Shepherd. His first 3 CD's are also better. He doesn't sing on those CD's and his lead singer is awesome. On his latest CD he does all the singing and also leaves the blues influence for harder rock - not my cup of tea.

Let me also recommend a female artist who is rockin' the blues world - Susan Tedeschi.

Larry said...

FINE!

But then you have to take me to a Bolt Thrower concert.

Or Iron Maiden.