Thursday, May 1, 2008

contemplation

So this week is the first time in 3 months that no one is sick! Can you say hallelujah?! I can, I can even spell it! I've spent the last 3 months couped up in this house and I'm ready to get out. Normally, I LOVE being home, I'm the most homebody you will EVER meet. I like being home, I like the comfort, I like my bed, I like my computer, I like my heater, I like spending time with my kids at home because it easier then spending time with them away from home. BUT I think I'm ready to venture out into the world again. The weather is getting to be nice and now that I've aired out my disease filled house I'm ready to see the world...or at least more of Oregon. I've lived in Oregon for almost 12 years and I've hardly seen it, in fact I've hardly left it, I haven't done much traveling since I've been here. It's actually very sad because I use to travel a lot. I loved to travel, I loved taking weekend trips, going hiking on the weekends or riding my mountain bike and now I feel like a sloth, a sloth that loves being home.

I need to find adventure-Cristin again and share that part of me with my kids. They're adventurers I can see it in them and I need to help bring it out so I'm making a plan. I'm going to slooooowly start bringing the old me back by going out and doing something once a week. We homeschool so we can go any day and stay as long as we like. I'm thinking about just starting with weekly hikes around here and venture out to the coast and southern and eastern Oregon. I hope to even be up to camping again...or at least cabining or low cost moteling. We'll see. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Awesome idea. Keep us posted.

Sephalo said...

I think this is a great idea- you are such an awesome mom! Take lots of pictures!

Emily said...

Good for you!!! I get major cabin fever if I don't leave the house at least once a day. Update us on your adventures. Your kids are going to love it!

Amy Thurston said...

I hear Boise is a swell place to visit. I know of a cheap place you could stay at, and all your meals would be free! (Also, your grandma is here for a few weeks, you could see her) There is a zoo, fishing, parks, hiking, movie rental places, and a pretty comfy couch to watch them on too. Only a 6 hour drive.
Just let me know what time to expect you.

nurseday said...

Here's your big sister yelling out a cheer as she does the running man:
GO Cristin Go Cristin GO!!

abutler said...

Good Luck! I can't believe you have lived there 12 years. That's a long time/ I didn't realize you homeschooled either. What a women.

sarastrasser said...

Did you google the spelling of hallelujah? I just did.