Friday, May 9, 2008

THE HOST

I finished it this morning and happy to report that I liked it! My only complaint is that my kids decided that I was the ONLY parent that could help them. I was constantly screaming through my locked door to go have Dad help but they wouldn't listen. There's something about me being behind a locked door that brings out the worst and most annoying qualities out of my children...or maybe it's my lack of patience when I'm reading a good book. I like to believe it's them...

My friend called me a couple hours into my reading to see if I wanted to play Bunco with her and a bunch of other friends that I haven't seen in a REALLY long time and I had to confess to her that I preferred reading my book over playing with them. I didn't feel bad until today when I realized that I chose a book over them...but they'll get over..right???

I will say, that once I was done reading it, I wasn't sure if I liked it. It was actually kind of weird how i was feeling. I mean I liked it but I was still having mixed feelings about.

The story is really good, she keeps YOU and her characters conflicted which I like, she writes AWESOME kissing scenes...AWESOME, I like how she gives you so much information about the other worlds and back story for her characters. But I really had to think about it more before I was like "yeah, I like it!". In fact I hope she turns this into a series which I think she has mentioned that she might. AND I will read it again...maybe not like 4 times in one month like her other 3 books but I will read it again. I can't help myself.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I was glad to get your book review. I was about to buy the book but was too cheap to do it. I think I'll have to check it out at the library.

ajesplin said...

I bought it right away because I had a coupon that was only good for a few days, but I had a busy week and didn't want to start it and then have to put it down. I think I'll read it today then I can tell my kids, "It's mother's day, you're on your own. And bring me a Diet Coke."

Emily said...

How did I know you would have finished it already? Awesome. I'm glad you liked it. So, what's next?

abutler said...

I'm so glad you read and liked it. I just finished her 3rd book and wasn't sure how I felt about her not writing about vampires and werewolves this time. I will defintly read it now though. Thanks.

ajesplin said...

I started it! Kinda weird. I'm not a huge fan of SciFi, but I've recently read a couple SciFi books and liked them (sorta). I'm only 30 pages in, but I keep getting interrupted. Maybe that's why it's hard for me to get into it. I'll keep reading!