Saturday, May 31, 2008

THE ROOM

We have this room, it's the room that for many years was used as the "just throw it in THAT room" room, then it was turned into a playroom, then changed into my craft room then turned back into the "just throw it in THAT room" room then this past year I changed it into the playroom/ schoolroom/ tv room so that all of us could be in the same room during school time.
BUT lately, every time I walk down the hall towards THE ROOM, I hear the tune from Jaws, and if your too young to know that tune then get yourself to the nearest blockbuster or do what I do and get Netflix and rent it now...it's a classic. Anyway, the sound starts right when I take a step past the kids bathroom door....da na da na da na, the closer I get to the room the faster and louder it gets...till I get to the door.... and I scream...but only in my head. This room scares me....like the first time I watch M. Night Shyamalan movies, it's intense but I know that when I see the whole thing, it will no longer be as scary. I walk in with my hands over my face with just enough space to sort of peak through. I originally spent a few weeks getting it organized and have kept it that way until a few weeks back, when I was sick, that's when this guy had a whole lot of fun!!!!!
....and it hasn't been the same since.
It now looks like this

And this....


Yes I'm crying.

I tried to ignore it, pretend that it doesn't exist. I'd run in, grab the stuff we needed for school then run out, shutting the door behind me. I pretended I was a 2 year old with his eyes closed because EVERYONE knows that if you can't see then nobody can see you right???

It's finally time to face it! School is coming to an end along with our final year of homeschooling. Next year the kids will be going back to school and I'm going back to having a quieter, cleaner house and hopefully time for ME to go back to school. It's time to organize, clear out and clean out and to put things high enough so Bub can't get to them so easily.

My goal is to have it finished by tomorrow afternoon, since I started yesterday it's doable as long as I keep Bub from getting into stuff...like he's doing right now. Wish me luck and I'll happily show the new and improved room once I'm done.

1 comment:

Amy Thurston said...

Good luck. I can't wait to see the end result.