Wednesday, July 16, 2008

20 wishes

So a couple of weeks ago after finishing Smart Remarks bookclub choice I sat there thinking about how much I was in the mood to read another easy going book with a happy ending. An hour later Carrie came by, handed me a book and said "You have to read this!" "I've already started my 20 wishes list and I need the book by Monday." Well, now I know that wishes come true because I had just thought about how much I wished to have a book to read, you know besides the 30 books that are still waiting for me to read but of course those aren't the one's I'm in the mood for. Before I was done, I had about a dozen wishes that I wanted to put on my 20 wishes list. I'll share some but others are so waaaaaaaay out there that it would break the whole space time continium for them to happen...but I like them anyway and I'll leave them on my list, but I won't humiliate myself by listing those. Maybe someday but for now I'm keeping those to myself.

These are in no particular order.

1. A have a cute little cottage with a flower garden in front and a nice vegetable garden in the back. Comfortable furniture that is surrounded by books. A nice patio that's welcoming to friends and family. For some reason I picture myself in my late forties earlier fifties in this wish so I have plenty of time to get this one.

2. A big beautiful deck in the back where family and friends can hang out, bbq and where I can read in the privacy of my backyard with the sound of the river, the birds singing and the sound of the squirrels playing in the trees.

3. Be under 135lbs. I won't tell you how far away from this I am but let me just say...it's FAAAAR!

4. Run a 5k. Anna you've inspired me!

5. Learn to play guitar.

6. Take a writing class.

7. Graduate from college with a BA in something that I love ( though I don't know what it is I love, it's quite the quandry.)

8. Learn to vegetable and flower garden.

9. Enjoy cooking, though I think this falls under the space time continium.

10. Be completely debt free

11. Know what I want to do with my life after kids

12. Have a clean house...hahahahaha I know that too would probably fall under space time coninium, at least while the kids still live here.

This is what I have so far minus the space time continium things. What are some of your wishes?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Those are some good wishes. I find myself making these "lists" in my head often. It gives us something to look forward to, right?

ajesplin said...

If you vote for Pedro, your wildest dreams will come true.

abutler said...

Thanks for the shout out! Who knew I could inspire ANYONE! Thanks for your comments on myh FRUSTRATION blog.