Thursday, July 24, 2008

My to do list:

1. Wash dishes maybe later
2. vacuum living room maybe tomorrow
3. get Cathe addicted to the twilight series check
4. pay bills sigh check
5. feed Boozer check
6. play World of Warcraft for waaay to long check
7. return movies check


Tomorrow:
1. End world hunger

So, speaking of the Twilight series, Cathe has called me every morning (early) to discuss what she's read so far and to thank me for getting her hooked (like that's hard). BUT we are both now wondering if there are other books out there to fill the void. You know the "I've got to read something exciting, passionate, with interesting story, passionate, characters you can love, and passionate". Anyone know of any???? I'm sure after I read Breaking Dawn for the billionth time I'll be needing something else to read, well besides the book club book, but you know what I mean. I can't read just 1 book a month...that's crazy! Help me people, have you read anything that gives you the same wonderful feelings that the Twilight series does?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

You probably already read Harry Potter, but I enjoyed that series every bit as much as Twilight. Not so passionate though.

ajesplin said...

There are so many books I could recommend, but, although they are passionate by themselves, they don't measure up to the passion of Edward... I mean Twilight.

I love Harry Potter too, and I get really depressed when I remember it's over.

I'll think about it and get back to you...

ajesplin said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, if I really like a book, I'll get on Amazon, pull up the book and look at the "if you liked this book, you'll like this book" recommendations, or "people who bought this book, also bought this book" section. I also read reviewer comments and sometimes they'll recommend something similar.

abutler said...

I'm not much of a reader but I have decided I HAVE to finish "The Host" before I read another book including the new Twilight.

I do love Lois Lowry books. I have read them all. Easy Reads!