Tuesday, July 15, 2008

OKAY OKAY

I don't know where the time has gone, it somehow magically disappeared and I have nothing to show for it.

Let me see what has been happening...hmmm...I'm sure there has been something....

Oh I've spent a good few weeks in an allergy medicine induced coma...or at least that's how I felt.

Mom and Dad made it safely home and have already had the girls over for a sleepover. Emily came home with the most beautifuly painted fingernails she's ever had and Sara came home with unpainted fingernails which goes to show how much she is my daughter. I don't know what I'm going to do with Emily...she's so...girly.

My cousin Renae recently got married and I was able to go to her open house in Washington with Mom and Dad. It's been years, like she was younger than a teenager the last time I saw her, in fact I don't think she remembered me. Anyway, she's soooo beautiful, she was a cute little girl but WOW is she a pretty woman. I was glad to see her and her cute hubby. They were both glowing...literally, you could practically see the happiness beams. It was the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time and I'm so very happy for her. It was also nice to see my Aunt Sharon and Uncle Eldon and just seeing them reminded me how much I wanted to be there daughter, all for totally superficial reasons...well I loved them but my Uncle Eldon made his girls these super awesome doll houses and made this super duper awesome fort that me and my cousins used to sleep in when I was able to sleep over. PLUS Uncle Eldon is a magician, he was awesome! ..sigh good memories.

I got a wedding announcement from my best friend from High School. She's getting married for the first time this Friday and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for her. Like TOTALLY happy for her! She's so beautiful, smart, totally awesome and I hope he deserves her, that's all I've got to say. So of course, getting her announcement reminded me how much I wanted to be apart of her family too. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, I love my parents but a girl can dream right???? I loved being with her, helping...or actually watching her do her chores and doing farm-y time of stuff, riding in the cat in the hat which is what they called there truck. Taking late night walks around town talking about boys and coming up with clever nicknames to disguise there real names. If you read this Ann, I love ya and Congratulations!!!!

My laptop is going through a very noisy, disturbing death so I got a new computer that I still need to transfer stuff too. I sure wish my hubby would do that for me...hint hint...yeah I'm talking to you LM!

LM found out that his contract isn't going to be renewed because of budget cuts so he is looking for work again. ....cry I know everything will work out but....UGH He put his resume into a place that is close to here so we're crossing our fingers and toes that he get's it. Better money, better commute and hopefully insurance.

We had a good 4th of July, I wasn't feeling well so we didn't do much but light fireworks with our friends Jay and Carrie and honestly that was enough for the kids. They've spent ALL year telling me "Mom, the 4th of July is my second favorite holiday." "I sure hope we do fireworks this year" "We better do fireworks this year, because we didnt' do them last year!" (it was a very real threat that I took very serious)

We kept it legal, though I doubt we would have been turned in or anything considering that a block away the "Washington" fire works were going off and the police officer that was driving around didn't stop them from going off...2 days in a row....even though he kept driving by...2 days in a row.

Now, I wouldn't want any of the Morgans to get jealous, so you may want to skip the pictures just in case.
Sparklers! A necessity!
Bub wouldn't go near the sparklers...which is so hard to believe considering all the dangerous stuff he does on a daily basis...I guess I should be lucky that there is something he's afraid of.
Our Grand Finale
Just kidding this was our Grand Finale that was our pre Grand Finale...got to love those legal fireworks...there's a reason that there legal.
Hyrum hiding from the scary fireworks. He was ok with them until they got too loud then he spent his time hiding on the porch or behind me.

We love the 4th of July so much we celebrated the 5th of July but in a much funner way. We had a big bbq at Jay and Carries with our friends the Z's, S's and the C's (I didn't get permission to use there names). It was tons of fun, the kids had fun playing with there friends, it was great to hang out with friends, eat good food, and set off awesome fireworks thanks to the Z's!
We live for danger so we let the kids set off some of the fireworks and thankfully nobody got hurt. But sadly I was too busy enjoying them to get any pictures.
More sparklers.
Bub spent his time here or hiding behind me. I tried to get him to sit on my lap but I think he didn't feel safe enough to sit in front of me.

Besides that...nothins been happening.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Long time no post. Good to see you are back!

abutler said...

I'm glad you got in the mood to blog. I know how hard it can be to find something to blog about. About the allergies we are having a tough time this year too. Any advice. Is it nice to have your folks back? I also know what you mean about dreaming about being in someone elses family. I alsways wanted to be a Morgan growing up.

ajesplin said...

Our 4th of July's are pretty chaotic and stressful. I think I'd prefer that little flame you had going there. The Waite's always had the funniest house and the best vacations, and if I wasn't so terrified of Uncle Greg, I would have loved to be a Waite.

Amy Thurston said...

I tried to send you an email, but it came back wrong, so I tried to call you, but it was a wrong number too. Email me or give me a call.

Shel said...

Good luck with the job hunt. We've been there several times and it's stressful, but so far, we've been lucky and it's all worked out.

Give your parents hugs for us. They need to come see us, we miss them!