Monday, August 25, 2008

WARNING: I'm talking about Breaking Dawn

I don't know how it was possible but I forgot to share my SMART REMARKS about BREAKING DAWN. I've been dying to discuss it and.... I should be kicked out of the I love Edward Club.

But here it is, all that you've been waiting for. I'll start with my Negative Nancy comments and move to my Positive Patty comments, since I really do like the book, more now then when I first read it.

1.Though there are lots of parts with Edward, I was kind of sad that it wasn't as pronounced.

2. Ok, I really didn't like that she got pregnant...at least at first. Call me a party pooper but in my mind, pregnancy and kids aren't really romantic but then again when I think of pregnancy I think 24/7 nausea, uber emotional, bad skin, feeling and being fat, and being clumsy. I also felt bad for Renesme because of being half vamp and human, it wouldn't be an easy life for her and I was concerened about her and her future but of course my BFF, Steph, cleared that up. I was also feeling like she was no longer making as big of a sacrafice. I know physically she was but I liked the conflict of having to decide what she can have and can't have by becoming a vampire. Even still having her dad in her life annoyed me at first. But of course when I was done, I was glad it was a nice sweet end to the story but I still think it was too easy for her.

3. At the end, I was kind of hoping for another big fight. It was a good ending that left it open, but still...

4. When I realized that Jacob had imprinted on Renesme, I kept flashing back to the kiss on the mountain with Jacob and his future mother-in-law... ewwwwwwwww *whole body shiver* Thanks for ruining that kiss Stephanie! Then it would move to the idea of him imprinting on a baby...ewww. I know it wasn't a romantic thing but still...ewwww

5. What the heck is up with the worst name ever. Renesme??? what??? why??? ewwww! It's almost as bad as Wanda. There had to be a better name then that.

The things I liked most:

1. There honeymoon was HOT. I want a private island named after me where I can be without kids. I think I'm gonna put that on my wish list.

2. Bella and Edward are HOT. There love life...need I say more?

3. I liked that Jacob got a big part of the story and you can read what was going on in his mind, I didn't expect that and I liked it.

4. I was very curious about the other vegetarians and I'm glad we got to meet them.

5. I thought Bellas powers were AWESOME and it was fun to read how she changed. I liked seeing her confident and strong and less whiney...I don't know if that's the right word but she seemed less teenagerish and more grown up.

Over all I loved it, and I love Stephenie for writing it. Thanks Steph, my BFF! Now I must get it back from my neighbor so I can read it again...and again...and maybe again..

21 comments:

Amy Thurston said...

Your BFF is very talented! And when Bella was kissing Jake, it was really Renesme kissing him from deep, deep, deep inside her womb. Having not yet been concieved.

ajesplin said...

I so agree with everything you said--some things more than others. I loved the whole section in Jacob's POV. I was really heartbroken over Jacob instantly falling OUT of love with Bella. I think I could have handled it better if he would have had a "romantic" love interest, rather than a creepy baby. It also ruined the kiss at the end of Eclipse for me as well. ;(

I missed Bella being human and being a teenager with nothing else to do but lie around with Edward.

I sorta felt Bella's bond to her baby seemed forced--it happened so fast! And she barely had to take care of it. It seemed like Edward loved the baby just because he was a nice guy and therefore had to love his own baby. Also, kids are a bummer. Especially when your 17.

Larry said...

Ok, sorry Honey but...

Please stop reading crap.

There I said it. Frankly just the little tid-bits you shared in this post made me want to vomit.. The whole book would probably drive me insane, and in an Eldritch God sorta way not a "What's wrong with Bill?" sorta way.

I would link some really really good books here but that would be like casting pearls before swine.

Ah to hell with it, here are some good books:

Ringworld
H.M.S. Surprise - The whole series is awesome.

Frankly I could list at least 100 more but I just don't have the time and I know none of you would read them because you all are into stupid chick crap.

God this is just like the music post (Boltthrower FTW). Or (shudder) the 80's movie post... Seriously you guys all need help.

Amy Thurston said...

I am glad LM isn't bitter or anything about you reading these books.
I guess the stress of trying to live up to Edward, or even Jacob, for that matter, is getting to him.

Cristin said...

thanks honey! But next time please tell me how you really feel. I know you are secretly reading the series...just admit it! It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Cristin said...

Amy, don't you think your reaching just a tad with the deep deep deep inside...are you trying to make it seem less creepy? It isn't working.

Larry said...

Quote:
I guess the stress of trying to live up to Edward, or even Jacob, for that matter, is getting to him.


Yep, that's it, trying to live up to fictional male characters in a book written by a woman for other women...

Fantasy world indeed.

Oh, btw, I heard your subscription to Teen Beat magazine ended, might want to look into that. And also People Magazine is apparently popular with the young lass who things Cinderella was a true story, check it out.

Vegas Family said...

Okay, I couldn't read your blog due to the fact I am behind the time I guess with everyone in this crowd and only on book 3.

It's funny because about 5 weeks ago (I think) I have no sense of time. Cathe called me depressed that she completed all 4 books. She told me she snunk up early before work and stayed away late reading. Almost like a secret escape with Edward. I so did not get it unitl I experienced it myself. I had a couple friends and my girls swear by how wonderful the book was and Cathe, who I knew I could trust, so I broke down and I am hooked.

As soon as I finish I will catch myself up on your blog. I can't stand just reading bits and pieces each day so I am saving it for a couple of not stop reading days. I can't wait!

Cristin said...

LM, how could you let your subscription laps...Oh I mean my subscription laps? *nervous laugh*

Amy Thurston said...

Don't worry, I have a lifetime subscription. Thanks for the reminder though.


Cristin, I was only refering to Jacobs interpretation of it to Bella. That's how I took it to sound.

ajesplin said...

If Anthony made out with the baby deep, deep, deep inside my womb, not yet conceived, I'd slap him across the face.

LM, your jealousy is completely normal. And so is your subscription to Teen Beat. Ahem.

Landeelu said...

Was Twilight written for teenagers but Breaking Dawn is more for "grown-ups?" Because, I gotta be honest here... there was A LOT of intercourse going on in that book. As a married woman my mind went places no happily married woman's mind should go. He bit a freaking pillow for hell's sake! The headboard?? C'mon! I pray that these innocent girls reading this who (::fingers crossed::) have not yet experienced "knowing a man" are clueless because....yowza.

And this is what I wrote in the margin of my book "Jacob has, since he met Bella on the beach on those many years ago, been unknowingly half imprinted on the egg in her ovary." <---- no lie.

ajesplin said...

Stop, Landeelu, stop! My stomach hurts so bad. egg in her ovary??? I'll be laughing about that all night thanks a lot!!!!

Cristin said...

I did hear Stephenie say in one of her interviews that this book was more adult which kind of stinks since it did start out for teens.

But seriously...While reading this book, I kept thinking of all those young girls that were waiting in line to buy the book and wondering if there mothers had any idea what they were reading. It made me blush and feel all funny reading it and I'm familiar *wink wink* with men..or A man...don't want you to get the wrong idea of me.

Ewww imprinting on an egg in an ovary... it's almost as bad as imprint on Renesme.

nurseday said...

As much as I love Edward, I think Jacob is H.O.T. If It was me, I would let Jacob imprint on one of my eggs...

Com'n Jacob, don't be shy...
You know you want one of my old crusty, atrophied, cob webbed eggs.

Amy Thurston said...

I would totally make out with Jacob so he could imprint on my egg. And if that egg happened to get flushed out through the natural process of menstration, I would totally let him make out with me again the next month. And again the next month, until we got the right one.

Landeelu said...

But see, it's not a creepy thing... all he wants is for the egg to be happy. That egg could have done a lot worse.

Cristin said...

hmmm...I'm starting to see the reasoning...

Geez Louise, why is everyone up so early? didn't you guys stay up til 3:30am reading The Diplomats Wife? Oh...that was just me?

Anna Celeste said...

You had to remind me of that kiss with Jacob and Bella that I read probably 10 times for pure enjoyment purposes, then put it in perspective of RenEsme. Thanks.

Cristin said...

sorry...I really really am. Believe me, I LOVE that part and have read it many times but that image came to my mind... I blame Stephenie.

abutler said...

Okay, so I do have a few more things I can add.

1. I'm not so hot on the actual fighting scenes. I was actually glad it didn't come down to that. However, I do agree they could have at least condenced that whole part of the book.
2. Yes, I was sicked out by the whole imprint part but was able to work through it by the end.
3. Nessie reminded me a lot of Elfie from the booked Wicked. I just could never get that picture out of my head of her biting her own mother on the boobie.
4. If I only have one ovary and I believe it's no longer producing eggs which one of you would like to be mine and Jacobs surrogate?