Friday, September 19, 2008

Arr, me hearty

Hearken well ye' scurvy knaves, for this be Talk Like A Pirate Day.

It's so fitting since the Dayton Pirates just kicked some football booty. yo-ho-ho Ok so I like totally would not normally know that but because Jackson has his ID card and it gets him into games for free, he just HAD to use it so we went to our first football game. It was kind of fun, I ate too much sugar and drank a sugary drink so I'm on the verge of needing to barf but he had fun and so did Sara.

There's some things that really remind me of Panaca and this was one of them. Sports is a big deal in this little town, just like it is in Panaca and EVERYONE in town comes to the games to root for the Pirates. It's fun and nastalgic all at the same time. BUT it totally made me aware of how many people I don't know here. It's kind of sad, I like it here but since we're not invovled in anything, I don't really know anyone but my neighbors. I mean I've lived here for 8 years but still I kind of get that "who are you?" look from the people who work at the little hometown market that's been here since...well forever I'm sure. Which is why I go to the newer mini mart in town even though it's on the other side of town.

Anyway, happy Talk Like A Pirate Day, I guess I should have mentioned this eventful day earlier so everyone could enjoy the piratey fun.

11 comments:

ajesplin said...

Hold on while I get my pirate dictionary, which helped me master the language of swashbucklers and rouges...

Shiver me timbers (which literary means to fire a cannon, but figuratively means holy crap), all ye land lubbers (which refers to people who can't walk a straight line on a ship).

Amy Thurston said...

Get a dog little lady (which is in reference to "get along little doggy") It's Patrick from SpongeBob, but they are in the ocean where pirates live, so pretty much the same thing.

Landee said...

Barnacles!! (again, from SBSquarePants, but I'm sure the pirates said it too).

What is the population of your little town there.... matey?

Cristin said...

Ummm I think it's around 2100.

Vegas Family said...

I can't find me pirate book to look up me lango.

Good Times! Haven't been to a live football game I don't think since Wade's college days at Y.
They were great memories though...

Markie23 said...

"Shift your cargo deary. Show 'em your larboard side"
- From Pirate of the Caribbean ride.

sarastrasser said...

Would you like a spot 'a tea?



*Since I missed it yesterday, I will make up for it today (Saturday) by blogging with an english accent.

Amanda said...

Wow, reading everyone's comments taught me a lot about pirates. Good to know, good to know...

abutler said...

I love Pirate talk. Too bad I aint' any good at it arrr!

Love football season, all though it takes up my life at the moment. That's an entire blog entry for later.

Memzy said...

I have NOOO idea how to talk like a pirate. But if you have a talk like a Flank-some Groovy girl day then I'm all over it.

Memzy said...

As evidenced by my groovy husband in my profile pic^^.