Friday, September 5, 2008

A conversation

with my junior high-er.


When I picked up Jackson from school today he jumped into the front seat and handed me his junior high ID card which has the most adorable picture of him by the way. Anyway, he says now I can get into dances and games. Dances???? what??? now something else to stress about. I've seen him dance and...well...scary...very very scary. He can't be old enough to go to dances!

Anyway, as usual, I asked him the same questions that I ask everyday. Then I get frustrated because "yes" "no" answers aren't enough for me. I asked him if he sat with anyone at lunch, did he make any friends, do you have any homework...you know the usual. So I'm telling him how glad I am that school is going so well then mentioned that he's doing better in Junior High then I did and that I really didn't like junior high. So he says: "I bet I know why!" with a huge smile on his face and complete assurance that he REALLY knows why. So I say "Oh really? why do you think?". He says "I bet it's because YOU didn't get to pick out your locker!" so I respond with "umm sure". yeah, I didn't like Junior high because I didn't get to pick out my own locker...wow, jh would have been sooooooooooooooooo much better (slight sarcasm). I'm sure, me not liking junior high had nothing to do with the 10lbs I gained before it started because I became a "woman" over the summer which made me even more self-conscious then I was before, or the fact that I had no friends and was so shy that I couldn't stand the idea of eating lunch by myself so I didn't eat lunch to avoid sitting by myself. And now I realize I'm like the most pathetic person in the universe. I'm so glad I NEVER have to do junior high again..EVER.

9 comments:

Landee said...

JR. High needs to be abolished and made illegal in the contiguous United States. It's pure evil.

Amy Thurston said...

I am pretty sure I hated junior high.

sarastrasser said...

I don't remember jr high but if I was at your school, I would sit with you during lunches.

ajesplin said...

That's the difference between boys and girls. (taking a moment to express gratitude that I only have boys) I've been stressing about my oldest starting JrH, but maybe it will be easier than I thought. All I have to do is find a school that allows him to pick out his own locker. Wait, that actually might be hard to do, since most of the schools here removed the lockers so the kids couldn't hide drugs or weapons in them.

Cristin said...

They removed the lockers???? WOW sounds like Junior High is pretty exciting in LV

Cristin said...

I agree with you Landee!

Aww thanks Sara, that's sort of kind of comforting. But how could you not remember jr high? I wish I could not remember jr high....

Amanda said...

Yeah, Jr. High totally sucks. Sucks Sucks Sucks!

abutler said...

Loved 7th grade, HATED 8th grade!!!

I have those same "yes" and "no" conversations with my Jr. High kid too so I started threatening him of starvation if he didn't talk to me (the other thing boys really care about, FOOD.)

Memzy said...

Also grateful I have boys only! And if you didn't hate JH I think you might be a serial killer. But that's just me.