Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hyrum Hyrum Hyrum

This morning while I was in the basement catching up on some blog reading and email reading, I hear Sara scream at Hyrum, so I run upstairs, Ok so I really walked very slowly in a sort of drag butt sort of way, to see why she was yelling at him. He ate half a bottle of 3mg melatonin...so at least 150 mg.... I run, yes actually ran, upstairs to tell Larry, then I get on the phone with poison control and find out that he should be fine and will most likely be taking a long nap. So in keepin it real..I was almost excited about him taking a nap. Bad Mommy!!! But he only fell asleep for maybe 15 mins and now he's running around like a maniac. I wonder if it has the opposite effect on hypher 3 year olds?

11 comments:

abutler said...

The answer to your question is YES! I think Benedryl does the same thing to them so make sure you lock that up too.

Landee said...

Maybe he'll crash & burn later?? I'm hoping that is the case. SOMETHING good needs to come out of this. What possesses kids to eat that kind of flank anywayz?

sarastrasser said...

Melatonin is the greatest. Too bad you didn't get a longer break but yeah it didn't hurt him. Flank.

Memzy said...

I may or may not have given my toddler dramamine once on an airplane.

But my brother's a doctor sooooo...
::winking at Landee::

Erin Beck said...

So does one need a prescription for that??

Emily said...

Dramamine has the opposite effect on my kids...not that I would know or anything.

Glad he's ok!

Vegas Family said...

I may have to try some of that for me.
Glad all ended well and you scored a 15 min. break.

ajesplin said...

Does your 3 year old stand at your flank all the time like mine does and beg for cold hot dogs? If hot dogs had the same effect of Melatonin, I might just let him overdose on them. Just a enough to knock him out for a while is all. Keeping it real.

Amanda said...

We've had a few disasters in our house over kids getting into pills that they shouldn't. I'm a much worse mom than you.

Amy Thurston said...

I think maybe you should have given him just a few more. Like made it an even 200mg. Then he probably would have taken a longer nap. Those things don't taset that good, maybe you should look into get his tongue tested.

ahab said...

sometimes I have a similar problem but with ambien and Its not my kids, its me>