Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm gonna post

but I'm not going to en joy it and neither are you. Life is so boring right now, it's all homework, homework with a side of homework and when we're done with homework then I'm thinking about whether or not Jackson will remember to turn in his homework. Homework sucks, it almost sucks more now then when it was mine.

On Monday I went to an ice cream for kids and parents of the Jr. High and High School. There both tiny and since some teachers teach both they just put us all together. Anyway, I got a chance to meet most of his teachers. While talking to his Language Arts teacher, she informs me that Jackson can't see the board. I look at Jackson, he smiles and gives me a nervous laugh. Now I look like a terrible parent because I haven't gotten his eyes checked and I have to be told by a teacher that he's having trouble seeing. I asked him why he didn't tell me and he just shrugged his shoulders. GRRRR I'm taking Anna's suggestion about boys and food, he can't eat until he gives me at least a paraghraph full of important daily information.

I asked Jackson if he likes his teachers, so he names off all the teachers he likes, which is all of them except his gym teacher. haha So I guess 1 out of 5 isn't bad. They all said the same thing, that he's a happy kid and glad to have him in their class. He is a good kid and I'm proud of him. I guess he has a friend now, his name is Zachery but most people call him Zack, except Jackson, he decided to call him Z...just Z. I can't stop giggling.

This week, Sara has mentioned twice that "this is the worst day of my whole life!" then ran upstairs crying. sigh...if she only knew...

LM was contacted about a job that he would be a good fit for, so if we could get some finger crossing, positive thoughts and a couple of prayers that would be much apprecaited.

And that's it, it's the best I can do this week.

12 comments:

Memzy said...

Oooh, I had no idea LM was looking for a job. I'll put that on my to-do list for sure of things to pray for.

And btw, my children claim two or three times a week that it is the worst day of their lives. I usually reply with, "Wow, really? That's awesome! Then your life is going to be GREAT."

Amy Thurston said...

I guess a job is a more important thing to pray for than my satellite radio/mp3.

I think you are suppose to say "I'll show you a bad day."

I have always wanted to call you C. Or even CC. Kind of like Closed Caption, since I never hear you, only read you.

Cristin said...

LM is working on a contract right now but it ends next month so he's looking for a permanent job. something with benefits would be awesome *crossing fingers*

Katie said...

Worst day so far...you mean. I hate homework too. I chose school based on the amount of homework they give my kids.

Landee said...

These are the type of posts that capture the ennui (nice word, huh?) of day-to-day life. Thanks for updating and I'll find a spot for you and LM in my prayers too.

Btw, most gym teachers are jagbags...that's why they are gym teachers.

ajesplin said...

Finally. Geez. Jackson is so cute! I LOVE that he calls his friend Z. That is SO text messagey! (nice word, eh?

St. Jenny's prayers are always answered, meaning LM WILL get his dream job.

Do they sell 12 packs that have diet coke, diet pepsi, and diet dr. pepper all mixed? Like 4 cans of each? (big money idea)

abutler said...

You actually had a ron to post about. I'm so glad to hear that school is going good for Jackson & YES food works.

Markie23 said...

If we take a reunion cruise I will be the first to say "See you on the sea CC".

Amanda said...

Amen on homework! I HAAAATE homework!
Good luck to LM on the job! I hope he gets it.

Emily said...

I've heard "The worst day of my life thing" way too often! If they only knew! Thanks for the update. Good luck on the job hunt LM. I'm sure something will come up.

Amy Thurston said...

Look how many other girls are referring to your husband as Love Machine. Does this make you jealous at all?

Cristin said...

haha no! It makes me laugh cause LM hates being called LM so whenever someone else calls him LM it makes me giggle.