Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm such a rebel.

Here I am at 34 years of age and I still have a deep deep desire to rebel. What's wrong with me? I don't really NEED to rebel, nobody is holding me back, others opinions shouldn't matter to me any more but yet I sit here fuming over something that happened recently and it just makes me want to dig in my heels and change everything around just to show this person that her opinion doesn't matter to me. GRRRR why do I feel like this? Maybe it's because I wasn't a rebellious teenager, maybe I'm just making up for lost time but really I'm annoyed with myself that I feel this way.

This women had the nerve to tell me how glad she was the Jackson was in school. That's all she said and this is how I take it. I just don't want HER to think that him being in school has any thing to do with her opinion. I know I need to chill but seriously, it drives me crazy that there might even be the slightest inkling that she believes that. I think I need one of Jenny's magic pills or maybe just some friends to flank me.

13 comments:

Landee said...

::sending you a flank bouquet in the mail::

People are uber annoying. There is just no way around it. Do you want me to come & kick that lady's butt? Cuz I will... in October.

ajesplin said...

I've got your flank. Sounds like a "deliberate" comment, if you know what I mean. She is probably insecure about her parenting decisions and trying to bring you down a notch.

Amanda said...

Wow all the flanking going on is getting to me. Hey, I know how you feel. Hopefully you'll get another opportunity to talk with her about it and tell her like it is. At least you can fantasize about it.

Markie23 said...

Flank you very much!

Amy Thurston said...

Maybe some one should have flanked her and not let her leave her house. There are some people who shouldn't be aloud in public.
Really, who the flank does she think she is?

Amy Thurston said...

Flankity flank flank flank

ajesplin said...

I agree with Amy, there are some people who shouldn't be aloud in public, or allowed in public either.

Cristin said...

Awww, thanks for the flanks! I feel very flanked.

Memzy said...

Yes, flanked is one thing that you are. I agree with the assessment that most people in the world are annoying and abrasive in one way or another. I'll give you some advice on that tomorrow with "Tune in Tuesdays". Don't let me forget.

Amy Thurston said...

Um, I meant aloud. As in speaking out loud.

sarastrasser said...

I am flanking you right now. That lady has got some nerve. I say we T.P the flank side of her house.

Landee said...

So Amy, she should be allowed outside, but she has to wear a muzzle? Hmm.

(PS For someone who can't spell bachelor, AJ sure is a grammar nazi)

abutler said...

I say let her have it! I'm not good at letting stuff get to me obviously I have to just let it out.