Thursday, September 4, 2008

mornings are for the birds

Seriously. The only thing I miss about homeschooling Jackson is my ability to sleep in. That is now gone forever! How do you people do it? In all my wise-ness, I thought that I would get up a half hour before him, so I could have a few moments of peace before the noise wakes up, to go walking but that means I'm up at 6:30 am and I'm not really liking that part. It's early and I'm tired. Soon, I'm gonna have to go to bed early so I can get up early and all the fun blog commenting happens at night. whaaaaaaaa Ok people, seriously, how do you stay up late and get up early??? I need to know!

9 comments:

Landeelu said...

Crystal-meth.

Oh, and Diet Dr. Pepper.

ajesplin said...

I hear crystal-meth does wonders for your skin. You'll have to let us know, L.

I'm obsessed with staying up late--I love the night time, and it makes me depressed if I go to bed early, like I'm sleeping through the best part of the day. An average bed time for me is 2am. I know, I know. (And in the summer... 4am.) I put my limit at 2am during the school year because if I stay up any later, I'll be in REM when my alarm goes off and won't wake up. I still manage to get up around 730-745.

Here's the trick for getting up early after staying up way too late: Have a REASON to wake up. And just needing to get the kids up and ready for school can't be your reason. It needs to be something you are excited about (not exercise or anything lame like that).

Landeelu said...

What is your reason, Jenny?

Cristin said...

yeah, what IS your reason? I can't seem to think of a single thing that would get me excited about getting up.

Amy Thurston said...

I bet it has something to do with ripping pillows.

Amy Thurston said...

I hate to go to bed, but I hate to get up even worse. I have just learned to be tired.

Emily said...

I don't even know what it's like to sleep past 6:30am. It doesn't make it any easier that when I DO get out of bed it's total mayhem and I just want to crawl back in bed and hide. Good luck!

Diet Coke always helps:)

charlie said...

I can't even comment because my brain no longer functions normally due to lack of sleep.

ajesplin said...

My life in general is exciting. I have several different reasons to wake up, none of them involving kids.