Thursday, October 2, 2008

Can I sit at the cool table now???

LM is the best husband in the whole world. He bought and set up a scanner for me. He knows what I like!!! I'm also VERY lucky that I got it just in time for a Prom picture call out.

This one was Junior Prom 1991. One out of the 2 times that I wore makeup that year, not that you could tell. I actually can't find the picture of me and my Prom date but if you look at my next one, you can see the lucky guy.
Can you feel the Island breeze?


This one is Senior Ball 1991. I don't want Landee to feel bad, so I'll give you the details. This dress is strapless, we didn't even TRY to make it something that it's not, Mom just made a little jacket to go over my inappropriate dress. Also the 2nd of the 2 times I wore makeup, though you still can't really tell. I don't even know what I was trying to do with my hair, but whatever it was, it wasn't working.


My Senior year, I didn't get to go to either dance because Chad got married the same night of the Senior Ball and I was out of town for the Junior Prom...I mean we don't even have to talk about me not even getting asked or anything k?

I did get to go to my boyfriends Prom. Lucky me.
Cory's Prom 1992

15 comments:

Landee said...

First of all, LOVE the new profile pic! Adorable!

B) Thank you for trying to alleviate the guilt I've had since last night at 6:39pm. Did you wear the jacket the whole night though? Cuz then you belong with the puffsleevers (aka, the REAL cool table).

Option #3) I think the look you were going for with the hair was "I so don't care about prom that I'm just gonna get out of the shower and go." I think you pulled it off beautifully!

Thanks for posting & thank LM for me too for the scanner!

Memzy said...

Imma send LM a thank you card pronot-like! That was well worth it. And "she's got le-egs!"

sarastrasser said...

My favorite is the last picture of your friends date. He doesn't seem to be too happy.

Markie23 said...

DANGIT... Sara beat me to the comment about the guy in the last pic. Sara is quickly becoming my blog nemesis. Always topping, me on Katie's blogger list and beating me to the comments. I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too.

ajesplin said...

LOVE that giant music page. I'm crying tears of laughter.

That first one, love the rapper pose. Word.

And that last picture... It looks like two couples wandered into the same photo shoot by mistake. Or that guy just had a mini seizure, or he's trying to pass gas.

Emily said...

Is that a bubble skirt in #1? Those were SO the thing back then. Great pictures!!

TimW8 said...

That's cool you got to go to the prom with Napoleon Dynamite and his date.(last pic)

Erin Beck said...

I swera the girl in the first pic was miss Emily..groovy dress BTW

Amy Thurston said...

I love the white tights. I love the gangsta pose. I love the dress with the scoop up on the sides. I love the double date. There is just so much love going on here.
And I don't buy Landee feeling guilty about her inapropriate dress. And I know you don't feel guilty. And I guarantee Markie's little angel isn't feeling guilty either.

ManicMandee said...

Those backdrops are amazing. Thanks for posting those great pics of you. Very fun.

Landee said...

Amy, you are a PuffSleeve to the core.

Larry said...

Ya know I was going to post some "whoa-is-me" type thing about how I never went to a prom because I was nerd city, but after seeing those pictures...

YIKES!

Dungeons and Dragons was sooo mainstream in comparison. Seriously what the hell was with those backdrops? The only way that they could have been cool was if they were on fire. Which unfortunately they weren't.

Frankly the clothes would only have been cool if they were on fire too.

The last guy, Mr. Hemorage, not even fire could make him cool.

Cristin said...

Your just jealous you and the other nerds couldn't go to Prom and take pictures so we could all laugh at you 17 years later..... NERD!

Cristin said...

Oh by the way, have I told you? Nerds are HOT!

Annie said...

I totally had a bubble skirt dress. I hope I can find it. I'm still trying to figure out what to say about that last pic. LOL