Wednesday, October 22, 2008

When kids halloween costume capes can't cut it...

Thanks Jenny for the cape making pressure. I'm now forced to play dirty by borrowing a friends awesome cape...if she ever returns my phone call.

So, like the past few days I've been practicing staying up late for a certain weekend. I thought it was a great idea except it backfired on me this morning. I woke up 20 mins before I needed to take Jackson to school. Nobody was up so I jumped out of bed, ran toward the hallway to go wake up Jackson, and tripped on my stupid comfy drawstring flannel lounge pants because of my stupid short legs. I was only partly awake, so I trip, then while trying to catch myself I ram my face and foot into the door ( don't ask 'cause I don't know how I did it either). It all ended up being for nothing 'cause Jackson is sick and staying home from school today. Anyway, I was so tired and out of it, it took me a good hour or so to figure out why my toe hurts. Nope...nobody has EVER accuse me of being a genius. Why do you ask???

So not only does my toe hurt but I'm staying 50 feet away from Jackson, washing my hands every 15 minutes, throwing down Vitamin C like it's going out of style to make sure that I'm not sick for this weekend.

The things I do for a few days of laughter....I'm not desperate am I????

7 comments:

Landee said...

"Practicing staying up late" <--- now THAT is funny! This needs to be like marathon training... you can't stay up your LATEST until the actual event. So take it easy & bring a couple of those 5-hour energy shots.

I'm getting soooper excited!

Memzy said...

I should have done that. In fact I was trying to do the opposite and store up my reserves. Can't wait!!

Hot Pants said...

I am desperate for a few days of laughter. I'm planning on coming home with some rock hard abs.

Jenny ESP said...

To prepare for staying up late, I usually start sleeping in later and later. Eeek! Now I'm getting excited.

PS. do you need me to whip you up a cape real fast for reals? Cuz I have extra materials. I totally got your flank.

Emily said...

I can't wait to see what all this cape talk is about!! I hope you have a great time!! You deserve a nice break--wish I was gonna be there!

Annie said...

As sad as I am that I can't go I'm that happy that you get to go. Have enough fun for the 2 of us and enough sleep for only 1 of us.

Katie said...

Ouch! I hope your early morning jog down the hall was worth it. Frankly, that kind of behavior deserves those wounds.