Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Don't you hate it when...

Your feeling under the weather and a tad bit on the crabby side when you go into your kitchen and see your brita water filter on the counter completely empty and your like "Am I the only one capable of filling this thing up???" in your most annoyed voice, speaking to nobody in particular. So you open up the top, position the faucet, turn on the water then walk away.
The infamous brita and faucet.

Then a few minutes later your 5 year old comes to you and says something like "Mom, there's a lot of water." and you immediately say to yourself in the most snobby annoyed voice "What did you guys do this time?" Then a few steps later, you realize that YOU are the problem. You run to the kitchen that is now a lake, lift up your too long jammie bottoms, run to the faucet to turn off the water then scream at the kids to find every towel in the house and bring it to you pronto and they bring like 1 towel and ask where the towels are and your like " WHAT THE *@%$? YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THE TOWELS ARE???? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A LIVE AND LIVED IN THIS HOUSE????"
So then you run around grabbing all the towels while your 3 year old enjoys a swim in the kitchen. 10 minutes later, you've soaked up most of the water in the kitchen, you walk into the dining room and feel a very wet squish beneath your feet....then say "CRAP NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" . Your forced to rip up the carpet and the padding to dry the floor and now it looks like this
but first you have to move the 10 ton china cabinet out of the way by yourself and it's like REALLY heavy and it royally sucked.

really heavy china cabinet (that we actually don't put china in cause we don't have any, don't cry for me Argentina..I mean friends...it's ok...we're kind of into plastic dishes anyway.)

The good news is, I think it's become our motivation to replace our disgusting carpet in there soooo...now I need opinions. I'm thinking wood laminate...any opinions or ideas????

13 comments:

nurseday said...

Cristin I am voting for the wood laminate. Aaron could help you install.

Cristin do you remember when we lived in the mobile home in sandy and Clint started a fire in the livingroom. I remember screaming at you guys to bring water, and either you or clint brought me a 3 oz cup of water. I think that is when we decided to get out of the house. anyway the 1 towel situation made me think of that...chuckle, chuckle...

Hot Pants said...

I had a major overflowed toilet and yelled at the kids to bring me towels. They ran past the giant pile of already dirty towels, to the dryer and brought me all those fresh clean ones, so then I had two giant piles of dirty towels. Why can't everyone be as super smart as me?
Hooray for new flooring though! (And a volunteer to help install it already too!)

Hot Pants said...

BTW, I don't feel sorry for you not having any china for your china cabinet, cuz I don't even have a china cabinet, just regular ones.

Markie23 said...

well, at least you had some nice pure water to drink while you did all that work.

Landee said...

What the??? This is all from a few minutes of the water running? What kind of water pressure do you have there in the northwest?

This sux but new flooring is always good. ALWAYS. Can't wait to see pics!

ManicMandee said...

Oh that TOTALLY SUCKS!!!! I would have freaked out. I feel bad for you. But hopefully you do score some really nice new flooring. That would be worth it.

Memzy said...

Um, as you can find on my site, I heart my wood laminate flooring. HEART. I am also curious how long you were away from the faucet for said flooding to occur. So sorry tho.

Cristin said...

Sadly, I don't really know how long I was away... I say maybe a 3 or 4 mins but I'm guessing much much longer hahaha cry hahahaha

Katie said...

That sucks! I guess not too bad if you get new floors our of it. I did hear that laminate shows dirt really bad. Tom put bamboo in our LV house and I loved it, and it is relatively cheap at costco. Laminate is quite a lot easier though. You might be more of a mopper than I am.

Annie said...

I'm so sorry. Hope whatever you choose for your new flooring can withstand any future "Oh Crap" moments.

Emily said...

Crap! That stinks! Well, at least you have an excuse now to get some nice new flooring, right?

Erin Beck said...

I think im gonna flood my floor so i can get new flooring too...thats a great idea. Love that story cathy told by the way. Thats funny

Jenny ESP said...

OH MY HOLY COW!