Monday, November 3, 2008

HA 2nd post today and it's not even 10:35 AM

I've been a blog reading slacker and I'm trying to catch up today. I've been noticing a Halloween theme going through everybody's blogs which makes me feel REALLY guilty. Guilty? you make ask why. Because this year I talked me kids out of trick or treating. I don't know if that makes me a genius our a really mean mom. I'm pretty sure it's debatable. I'm not a halloween / costume kind of gal and some years it's worse than others. I don't know what it is but after 10 years of trick or treating it's getting kind of old...PLUS Bub needs something to talk to his future therapist about. Poor kid, does this mean I've ruined his childhood??? Maybe it won't matter, maybe he won't remember or think it's weird that I didn't scrapbook Halloween for this year. I don't think I'll be able to get away with it again, but this year I sat back and enjoyed not getting kids dressed and ready to go trick or treating in the cold wet rain.

Since I don't have Halloween pictures and I know you guys are DYING for more halloween pictures I decided to post pictures of me and my best friend Krysten circa 1988. We totally rocked!

8 comments:

Landee said...

That is quite the wig she has on there. Is it made out of paper??

You're a genius, not a mean mom. Not even a close call.

Jenny ESP said...

I think it's ribbon (like the plastic gift wrapping kind). Whatever it is, it's amazing.

ManicMandee said...

You are totally not a bad mom. I felt like doing the same thing. Raggedy Andy hu?

Cristin said...

Our wigs were made out of paper that has 1 shiny side to it and took a really long time to make believe it or not.

Vegas Family said...

You look like the real deal...cute costume.

Memzy said...

Who doesn't love Raggedy Ann and Andy? You two were geniuses. And congrats on no Halloween. I mean that sincerely. How'd you do it is what I wanna know?

Cristin said...

I talked my kids into a movies, pizza and pick your own candy night. I let them eat as much candy as they liked then it is gone. Suckers!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

You just moved up a notch in my book with your anti-trick-or-treating tactics. Way to go!

That picture is just priceless.

Priceless.