Tuesday, December 23, 2008

grand plans

So this year I decided to make a gingerbread house, it's been a while and it looked fun when I bought the kit. The kids have been begging and begging to make it ever since they found it so since we're snowed in, I thought tonight would be the perfect night.

Here's the pieces with 2 of my helpers
I promise, I do normally keep clothes on Bub but...we're snowed in. I also use that excuse for not doing my hair or makeup and not getting out of sweats. I hope the snow sticks around for a while....

Here's the pieces after spending 20 minutes trying to keep the pieces together

2.357 seconds after I decided to make gingerbread cookies instead.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Ahhh, you are such a good mom! Hopefully by now your kids are all in a sugar induced coma.

Landee said...

Gingerbread houses are for over-acheivers. Cookies are def the way to go!

ManicMandee said...

Your kids got over that one real quick didn't they? What good sports.

Memzy said...

It's all about the frosting and candy deco.

eekareek said...

I don't do houses, only cookies. You could spend hours trying to keep the walls up and they still crumble and then how in the world to you take a bite out of a house????

Hot Pants said...

The last time I tried to do the house it ended up as cookies too. I hate houses......

Mary said...

I guess we've all had our difficulties with those pesky gingerbread houses. That frosting stuff never holds those walls together. You need "Mighty Putty" and that means you won't be able to eat the thing when you're done, unless you have dentures that need to be kept in place!

Jenny ESP said...

We made a ginger bread "tree" this year (from a kit) cuz the house is always a lot of work. I do like your huge wall-shaped cookies though.

nurseday said...

The Costco Houses have premade frosting, and also supports for the walls. They hold up a lot better. it doesn't matter though. joe dug into his house right after he made it.

Cooper Family said...

gingerbread houses/gingerbread cookies whats the difference? It looks like you had fun and I'm sure they tasted great!