Sunday, May 31, 2009

2 down 10 to go...or forever...whatever

2 weeks down and I'm feeling good. I'm still trying to figure things out. Anyone have any good pre-workout snack ideas? I workout so early that I started out not eating anything but found out that by the time I got to the weights, I had zero energy.

I tried to have willpower against the scale but I stepped on it and now it's official...the scale needs to be destroyed! The first week I gained 2 pounds so I decided that I would start tracking my calories and gained another pound....that's all I'm gonna say about that....or I'll start crying and I don't like crying in public. I know it's temporary and I know that there are several things that might be causing it but it still sucks.

I really do feel good and stronger and "OMG it burns" is getting easier. Some mornings it's tough but it already feels like habit and I like it.

Besides the whole gaining weight thing, the only tough part is that I'm seriously tired by 9:30 which only gives me like a half hour of quiet evening time. But I'm managing.

8 comments:

Memzy said...

Don't give up. Your body will adjust....to the weight AND the getting tired. You have to give yourself time. I'm really excited for you!!

Katie said...

Keep it up. The energy will come and the weight will go. My sister and I were playing stump with on of her iPhone apps (strange facts a d stuff) and one if the stance facts was that a apple first thing in the morung will give you more energy than caffine, and it is sustainable energy. Try that. That's all I got.

Also, I see your three pounds and raise you one. I'm starting a rigorous workout tomorrow...

Warriorcats said...

im glad your okay mom! i thin ill read my book "the care of keeping YOU" and see what i can do about healthy foods that will keep u going.

Markie23 said...

Amy and I agree... Fiber One bars are the perfect snack.

Emily said...

You are doing great! It's totally normal to gain before you lose. Keep it up!!

Jenny ESP said...

Milk chocolate Slim*Fast shake. It wakes me up in the morning and gives me energy and fills me up. It's perfect.

Lynn Cooper said...

Way to go Cristin! I'm with ya! I quit diet soda (soda all together) and have started a diet and exercise routine. I'm determined to lose 50 pounds so get out your running shoes because the race is on girl!!!!! Katie is right, Apples not only give you long term energy but crave control also. Also remember, lifting weights will add pounds so just go by inches lost! Don't use the scale. Use a tape measure!
Keep goin! I'm proud of you. If you can make it I know I can make it! love ya!

Landee said...

I agree with all the wise words above... go by how your jeans are fitting and things of that nature. The scale is the debbil. End of discussion.

I love the apple idear. I am going to incorporate that into my routine.