Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm totally the anti-cool

because I sooooo miss my mini van gize! I know I can muscle through our separation but it sucks! Not only does LM's commute car not fit all of us at one time (not that it really matters because I'm sick of my kids), but it sucks to drive. It's a stick shift and it's been a really long time since I've driven one and even though I learned how to drive on one, you would think that I was just learning. I can't tell you how many times I've embarassed myself the past week driving it. I think I've killed at least 3 times at stop signs and had a few problems shifting. Also, I'm still having some chest and back pain and it hurts every time I have to shift and don't even get me started on how long it took me to undo the hand break when LM parked the car at the airport then left me almost crying and cars honking at me because I couldn't undo it. WAHHHH I want my van back!!! I haven't heard yet if the body shop is still on schedule, originally he said 3 weeks... I don't know if that was hopeful on his side or not but I hope it's true.

I'm just trying to console myself with my awesome iphone but sometimes that isn't enough....

10 comments:

Markie23 said...

Maybe you just haven't downloaded the "Warp me to the future when my van is fixed" App on your iPhone yet. Don't they have one of those? I thought iPhones had everything

Memzy said...

Aaaaah. I feel your pain. Nothing makes up for the mini-van blues.

ManicMandee said...

Sorry you're missing your van!!! Cheer up, you will make it and your van will so nice when you get it back. (Crossing fingers here.)

Hot Pants said...

I think your real problem is that you are just so anxious to see me again, and you can't do that till your van is fixed. Man, can I read you or what?

Katie said...

I don't know how you've been managing. My van is like a member of the family, very reliable but very dirty.

ShelBailey said...

when my car was in the shop for like a year...ok it wasn't a year, but it felt like it...i had to drive the 1987 ford ranger, stick shift truck. i killed it at nearly every light. bonus though, the passenger seat doesn't "latch" to the floor, so it's an E-ticket ride (if ya'll remember those) for the passenger.

so i totally feel your pain, and i learned to drive on a stick, too.

hope your van is well soon. bonus, you get to see the idahoans again. give them all a hug from us.

Annie said...

When did you get the iphone? Have I been that out of it that I missed that post. Wha? Good luck with the car. Amy and I think we should have a little get together when you come down and get you van.

Warriorcats said...

i agree with annie. you SHOULD have a little get together when you get ur van! (i wish i could come cause i miss ella) i hope its LESS then three weeks! but of course, i bet everyone wishes that. especily you mom ( i know i cant spell especily lol)

Jenny ESP said...

I miss your van too, so I must be the lamest.

Vegas Family said...

There is no place like sitting in your own car. Cathe told me about your accident. That stinks. Glad you all okay. At least your Iphone will keep your mind off things. My Iphone sends off text messages and updates my FB status all by itself. ANNOYING....