Monday, May 18, 2009

Ready, Set, Gooooooo

I don't know if it's because it's been wonderfully warm and sunny the past few days or the idea that summer is almost here or that Bub used the potty for the first time yesterday or that I finally got caught up on The Biggest Loser, but whatever the reason, I'm feeling very motivated to set some goals and finally take care of myself.

By nature I'm a pretty selfish person but when I gave birth to the first of 4 kiddos, I kind of tucked that away and put my energy into them. But I've finally decided that I'm no longer going to put myself last and keep feeling yucky, ugly and fat. Soooooo I'm giving myself a 12 week challenge. First 4 weeks it's all about exercise, I'm doing 1 hr of cardio 6 days a week and alternating upper and lower body weights 5 days a week. Today was my first day. My arms are really shakey...I hope that's normal. I feel it's aggressive but not so aggressive that I'll quit.

Starting with week 5 I'll be adding calorie restrictions. I'm not looking forward to that but I'm hoping by then that I'll feel like exercise is more of a habit then a chore so I won't feel the pressure of doing 2 things that I find challenging right now.

Starting week 9, I'm gonna do it....I'm gonna quit diet pepsi...again. I'm more scared of that than anything else. I heart it, it's been my life force for 12 + years, it's what keeps me going and motivated to get up in the morning...and it's totally going to suck.

Anyway, I thought that if I post it here for everyone to read that it'll help with motivation. I know that if I kept it too myself then I would eventually quit. Sooo, I'm giving you guys a job, you have to ask me how it's going....I hate to put pressure on people but I'm counting on you.

I'm tracking measurements and taking pictures...I may or may not post them at the end of the challenge. It depends if I'm emotionally stable enough to handle that information going out to the world. Right now, I can barely handle the information.

13 comments:

morgan said...

I am nervous for week nine. Maybe you ought to prepare yourself and slowly start cutting back. I am starting a new "quit diet coke" regiment today. It is all I am thinking about right now. This is Sara, BTW, not Morgan.

Erin Beck said...

eat mustard packets...it works! I have lost 15 lbs in about 3 weeks. Im a raging B*#@* but so worth it!

Jenny ESP said...

Yay! Good for you. I suggest Lean Cuisines when you get to week 5. Not too shabby.

Markie23 said...

I like the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers... and Fiber One bars (ask Amy about those).

Memzy said...

Srsly Biggest Loser will do that to ya. Hooray!! That's awesome. Before you know it you will get grouchy when you DONT exercise.

Hot Pants said...

Oooh, I just heated up a Lean Cuisine. I'm going to eat it with my Sonic diet coke that I supposedly quit drinking 6 weeks ago. Maybe I will really quit drinking it this time. It will be my way of supporting you, by suffering along with you.

Hot Pants said...

And yes, definitely get the Fiber One bars!!

Cristin said...

The Fiber One bars are diet food??? I love those things, especially the peanut butter ones....plus you can't eat more than one ::points to Hot Pants::

Emily said...

You are awesome! I'm so impressed with your goal setting. You CAN DO IT!! I'll be asking you how it's going...

Yes, Fiber One bars are the bomb. The only downside is they give you stinky gas and the runs if you eat too many:).

Good luck!!

Warriorcats said...

By reading all the people's comments I think lean cuisines and fiber one bars would do good for u. hope u make it! =D :D two smiley faces *laughs*

Cathe said...

Go Cristin, Go Cristin Go!!..I'll do it with ya..Ihave the birthday which must not be named coming up, and I would love to celebrate lookin' HOT!

Landee said...

Cristin! Wow! You are gonna do so awesome. But tell me again why you need to cut out Diet Pepsi? When I started gettin' fit & cuttin' calories after Beebs was born, Diet Dr. Pepper is what got me through. It was my little treat around 2pm when the snackies set in.

I support you in this decision but I just don't want you to do anything to drastic. :) :) :)

(three smileys... take that warriorcats!!)

Mary said...

Way to go Cristin! You can do it and I'll be right behind you. I think you have a good plan. You need to give yourself a fun reward in the end.