Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Forever is like a really long time.

At 6 am this morning while I was sitting on my stairs looking across the street at Carries house, waiting to see her and Sawyer (aka sweetest dog EVAH) walk out so we can meet up for our daily morning walk. I realized really for the first time that this is my life now. That I'm never going to be one of those people that doesn't have to work out to keep weight off. I'm going to have to workout for the rest of my life.

I mean, I've walked every day since May 18th except for one day last week (I twisted my ankle the night before so I took a day of ) and I enjoy walking but...but...the last few mornings have been FRICKIN FREEEEEEEEEEZING!!! My bed has never been more comfy and warm then it has the past few days. I don't wanna get out of bed any more, plus the days have been cooling off, it hasn't been as sunny and I feel like hybernating. This has never been so hard. I need to come up with new motivation. Right now, I get up every morning because I don't want to be the one to say "let's not walk today" and I know Carrie feels the same way. But it's frickin COLD!!! and it's really hard to keep that motivation going when compared to how much I dislike being cold. Maybe I should move...

To top things off, since I twisted my ankle I'm not even walking half of what I have been...actually let me go back a little farther. We had been walking 5 miles a day then because of business and other things getting in the way, a little over a month ago we stoped our evening walks so we were only walking 2 1/2 miles a day and that is when my weight loss stopped.... Now since my ankle is still hurting, we're walking even less then 2 1/2 miles plus we're not doing OMG It Burns because I can't do hills right now....AND this week I've gained 2 lbs. I'm frustrated. I was ok with maintaining...I never once thought that this was going to be an easy process for me, I expected to lose, then maintain then lose then maintain but this week has really put me over the edge. I need to come up with new goals and a new 12 week program to get me motivated and going again. I just hate feeling like I'm starting over, but with my new injury, I have to start all over doing less then what I was...sooo annoying.

So for the next few days I'm gonna think about what my new plan will be and I know you gize are super interested in knowing what I'm gonna do so no worries....I'll let you know....your welcome.

6 comments:

Carrie Elmore said...

We can do it again... We just took a breather... ya that's it... and we're still ahead of where we were. Need new motivation though at least I do. Love ya... couldn't do it with out you, you know.

Emily said...

Cristin, I think you are awesome! I know what you mean about the cold weather and not wanting to exercise in it. I'm a total weather wimp. Just bundle up and muscle through it cuz you'll be so much happier if you do. Sorry you hurt your ankle. Try not to be so hard on yourself. You are doing great!

Shel said...

I wish you lived closer so we could cheer each other on. My new best friend (cardiologist) says I gotta do at least 30 mins a day of moderate cardio. I've been doing the stationary bike and with a book, it's not too horrible. But, I live in the sticks on top of a pretty steep hill. My knees can't take it going down. If I have to drive anywhere to walk, it doesn't happen. You should look for a bike on craig's list or freecycle (seem appropriate, eh) and then you could do every other day in the warmth of your house. :0) Hang in there!

Memzy said...

My suggestion? Watch "The Biggest Loser". Every time I watch that show it makes me feel like going out to work my butt off. Try that. You're doing great!

Jenny ESP said...

Wow, you've kept it going a long time! I'm super impressed. That sucks that you've had to cut back, but at least you haven't stopped walking entirely, because I'm sure it would be harder to get back into that habit once you stop. Don't give up!

Landee said...

I had that realization a couple of months ago too....REALLY? I have to exercise like this for the rest of my life?? I've realized in the past couple of years since starting to work out that it ebbs and flows. And life gets in the way. I think you're doing the right thing by continuing the "habit" but modifying for now.

The cycle thing sounds great. Do you know how fast that will go if you do it when you're watching a TV show? Well, like, super fast.