Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I thought I'd be happier

I've seen the back to school commercials where the mothers are waving their children off to school all happy and excited. I fell for it gizes. I really thought I'd be way more excited today... The First Day of School. But no. It's all I can do to keep myself together today. I was nervous all weekend then last night, I maybe slept for 2 hours. I'm on the verge of crying and throwing up.

Jackson jumped on his bike and rode to school this morning, like no big deal. That's what I love about Jackson, he might not like it but he never complains about going. It might have something to do with his Aspergers but whatever it is...I like it.


Sara informed me this morning that she didn't want me to take her to her classroom and that she would take the lunch money check to the cafeteria because it would be weird to have her mom in the school. I cried a little, not in front of her...that wouldn't be cool. This is her first day in public school, she's been homeschooled k-through 3rd and for some reason she's really old today. Luckily, as we pulled up to the front of the school she changed her mind so I parked and ran excitedly to the front door so I could walk with her to her room. It's the little things gize, that make me happy. She was the most excited about going to school until the very moment I dropped her off in front, then she became nervous, but knowing Sara, she's going to have a good day....but I'm going to be sick to my stomach till it's time to pick her up. Maybe I'm a little over protective but...

Emily doesn't technically start today. She get's to have 1 hour sample Kindy today then starts on Friday. It's going to be torture!!! She is really excited...a little nervous but more excited and I think it's going to be hard that it's only half day and that she won't be going again till Friday. Even worse, she doesn't start till 12:15 so she has all morning to torture me about what time it is and when are we going to the school.

Hyrum is just plain freaking out. He's screaming "I want to go to school!" except he's crying so hard that it sounds more like a crazy person rantings. Poor guy...I hope he doesn't keep this up the rest of the year.

11 comments:

eekareek said...

I felt sick everyday last week! I am a paranoid person so I would follow Teddy's bus to school and watch him get off, then make sure he gets to class and then after school, I go and watch him get on the bus. But now that it has been a week, I'm cool.

ManicMandee said...

I didn't feel this way at all this year. I'm totally cool with a break each day.

But I think it's great you love your kids that much.

That last picture was priceless.

Mary said...

I'm sure you'll come to your senses soon! It's just the "first day blues" that sometimes hit unsuspecting moms.

Landee said...

Oh my... get a grip Cristin!!! What is it that you're worried about? And Eeka... you get a grip too. Fhs. They are just kids... practically a dime a dozen.

Landee said...

^^^ that's "Tough Love Landee" talkin'.

Emily said...

I hope your tears were short lived and you were able to enjoy the free(er) time. That last picture is soooper sad!

Hot Pants said...

I was sad, until I was about 2 minutes into my quite drive home. Then I came to my senses and remembered how awesome it is.

Cooper Family said...

I am right there with you. I'm surprised I don't have a permanent ulcer from the first week of school. Those are great pictures of your kids.

Jenny ESP said...

For me, the school year always turns out to be busier and more stressful than the summer, despite having the kids out of the house. The one who's left behind is les miserables, and he does his darnedest to make me les miserables too. That part is getting better at least.

Lynn Cooper said...

I'm proud of you Crisin! You survived the first day of school!! I know the kids will love it and you'll enjoy the free time!! Thanks for the pictures! Love you!

Annie said...

I just read your post and I'm hoping by now you are over all that "I thought I'd be happier" thoughts. Let us know...K