Friday, September 25, 2009

Yesterday I was 20 and today...

I'm old enough to have a 7th grader go to his first school dance. I don't think I can take the pain.

It hurts.

(ignore my post workout hair and face)

Someone stop me from sneaking to the school and spying.

The only thing that is keeping me home is our conversation before he left.

Jackson: (with a really excited voice) Can I go to the dance tonight?
Me: (trying not to look panicked) UMMMMMMMM....(freaking out) ummmmm

Me: Are you gonna dance?
Jackson: I don't know how.

Me: Are you gonna ask girls to dance?
Jackson: haha no
In My Head: Oh thank God!

Me: Are you gonna ask your friends that are girls to dance?
Jackson: (High pitch HA HA) Not gonna happen.

Me: Why do you wanna go?
Jackson: I think it'll be fun.

In My Head: There is no freakin way I'm old enough for this!!!
Me: Ok...you can go...I guess...
In My Head: :: screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...etc::
Jackson: YES! with arm motions

Me: ::sitting here pulling out all my gray hairs because I'm not old enough for this::

7 comments:

eekareek said...

Spy! Go spy on him, NOW!!

Memzy said...

Yeah. Spying makes for a good follow up post.

But I can't help noticing how great you look!! How much weight have you lost?

Hot Pants said...

Definitely spy!!!!! Doyee!!

Emily said...

It's all downhill from here!

Sephalo said...

Awwww thats so sweet! Dont you dare go spy on him, just point to your two eyes and then point to his... he'll get the point lol

ManicMandee said...

I'm so sorry for you!!!! Tell us how he did now.

Jenny ESP said...

I hope you taught him some mad moves, like the running man.