Sunday, November 8, 2009

Money is awesome but...


Earning my first paycheck in 12 1/2 years is awesomer. Unfortunately it'll be the last paycheck until I find a replacement job. I quit after 5 days. I decided that unless I'm getting hazard pay, I won't bother risking my life everyday with a crazy 15 year old...so not worth it. Let's just say, they never taught me how to deal with a 17 year who is coming at me with 2 forks or a 15 year old running around with a butcher knife, and even though it's easy to get out of the way of a kid throwing a big heavy rock, it's best not to get into the situation in the first place. I'm just saying... I spent a whole Monday realizing what the term "flight or fight" means. I'm definitely a flight person....

Thankfully, this has taught me wonderful lessons.
1). I love paychecks...I do...it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
2). Cleaning up after other peoples kids isn't so bad when I'm getting paid.
3). Working in a group home with psychotic kids is not for me.
4). Down Syndrome kids are my favorite...especially C who makes me sad that I won't be going back. Luckily for me he left a lot of voice memos for me to listen to over and over and I'll always think of him while listening to "I gotta feeling" by Black Eyed Peas.
5). I enjoy working and it's nice to miss my kids.

12 comments:

Cathe said...

Cristin I am so happy for you!..What an adventure you are on..so glad you weren't eaten or chopped in half...

ManicMandee said...

This post gave me quite the laugh! I CANNOT believe you are still alive after 5 days. 2 forks? Really! Craziness.

Memzy said...

Yikers!! The forks I could possibly handle but a butcher knife?!!? No wonder you quit. I would have too. I'm also used to giving up after my hand cramps up with the remote so don't take that too seriously.

Congrats on the paycheck!

Landee said...

Oh my...what the... SERIOUSLY? Well, you lasted 4.5 days longer than I would have. Actually, I may have quit after your training of how to get out of a headlock.

So what's next, Mizz Cristin?

eekareek said...

You need to work in a home with low tone kids. So much more fun cuz you will win every time.

Hot Pants said...

That is hilarious!

Emily said...

You lasted about 4 days longer than I would have! You are amazing.

Markie23 said...

Don't spend it all in one place!

Warriorcats said...

OKAY. you told me kids. and when u said that i thought u meant like little kids. BUT TEENAGERS?!?!? OKAY WHAT THE CHICKENPOX. u told me about the forks BUT NOT THE BUTCHER KNIFE OR ROCKS. okay...well congrats on ur paycheck...and stuff...*is still freaking out*

Mary said...

Glad you survived the week and hope you find something better soon.

Jenny ESP said...

You look so happy about that pay check. I need to make some cash too! How about you try out a bunch of different careers and then let me know which one is best, K? Deal? Deal!

廖佳怡 said...

關鍵字行銷 網路行銷 軟體行銷 搬家 活水機 濾水器 淨水器 1069 GUCCI GUCCI包 GUCCI包包 LV包 LV LV包包 除腳臭 自慰器 情趣用品 情趣商品 跳蛋 按摩棒 高雄監視器 監視器 監視器材 監視攝影 網路創業 當鋪 當舖 流當品 特賣會 團體服 免費廣告 佛具 加盟 臭臭鍋 加盟 火鍋 期貨 婚紗 情趣用品 情趣 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 減肥 豐胸 整形 電波拉皮 雷射溶脂 飛梭雷射 私密處保養