Saturday, January 9, 2010

hey, hows it goin and stuff?

I didn't realize how long it's been since I've updated...oopsy. So here's my update.
short version:

everything is hunky dory. the end. your welcome.

Super long version:

We had a great Christmas, in fact I think this one was my favorite. I had a blast spending the month of December in the bonus room freezing to death while sewing my little heart out. So worth it. And for those of you who didn't see on my Facebook page, here's some pictures.
Emily's Princess cape and crown.

Bub's reversible batman/superman cape.
I made a bazillion bed organizers.
Here's the back so you can see that I sewed grippy stuff on the back so it stays in place better.


Here's Sara's in action.

I also made some skirts for the girls, headbands and sewed little bags for magnets that we made their teachers.

The magnets are super duper cute but sadly my picture taking skills suck so you'll have to deal with blurry pictures.
using the small round magnets, glass beads, glue used for glass, scrapbook paper (eeeek) or you could use pictures, and a 3/4" circle paper cutter thingy. All of this can be bought at Michaels (eeeek).

We have 2 new additions to our family.

This is Rhino, Sara's hamster.

And that...waaaay over there is Lilly.
(this is as close as I like to get)

Larry's pet rat. I just call it "The Rat" and run away screaming every time she's out of her cage. She poops a lot and it pretty much grosses me out along with her freaky long tail. ewwwww ::full body shiver::

He had to swear on all his miniatures
and his life that I would never have to touch her, feed, her or clean up after her. I'm still not sure that was enough.

We have also said goodbye to 2 of my favorite babysitters, the week of Christmas.

They passed within days from each other along with there dvd players.

Luckily, we still have this baby to get us by.
I cried. Probably because it was the end of a long chain of things dying in this house not including some disgusting mice. Our heat pump started acting funny on the coldest week of the year, we couldn't keep our house above 65 which means that I practically died of cold. Then our vent above the stove decided to catch on fire.


Luckily it just did a little scorching and our kitchen was saved....or maybe that was unluckily. I mean I'd love to have a new kitchen but just not THAT way. A water pump that goes to our ice maker broke, caused mold so I had to tear away part of the wall behind the fridge and now I don't have a working ice maker. I cried. And as of yesterday my vacuum won't start...I mean, I wouldn't either if I had to vacuum my carpet but still...it stinks. I was very close to just walking out of this house and never coming back...still debating whether to do that...it's very close. But even though this was all upsetting and made be go back and forth between being pissed and crying my eyes out, I truly am grateful for my life.

I have a loving husband that will abandon this house with me any time I say, I have 4 kids that love me and still kiss me in front of their friends and pretty much keep me entertained most of my day. I have a sweet dog that is always ready to give me love. I have a home that has kept us safe and warm (most of the time), I have great friends, a van that I can escape in, a working computer so I can keep in touch, a stack of books to read and good health. I'm truly grateful.


Happy New Year.

P.S. I'd like to ask some prayers for LM's sister Donna. She recently found out that she has breast cancer and just this week found out it's stage IV. She's starting chemo next week and I'd like to send as many prayers up and positive thoughts her way. We love you Donna!

11 comments:

Markie23 said...

Love you Cristin! Sorry to hear about all your house problems. The broken TV's made me cry just a little too.
Impressive miniature collection by the way. To bad you can't get that little army to fix your house for you.
Best wishes and prayer for Donna.

Sephalo said...

Man that is some rough stuff you have goin on little lady! I'm sorry! And may I just say that I am SO impressed by your sewing skills, you are an AWESOME momma! (FYI I think the mini people collection is a little creepy lol)

You're so cool Cristin :)

Hot Pants said...

Holy freak you've had a rough month! I'm glad you have that van to escape to. Every time something goes wrong in my house I always wish I was a renter.
I hope your SIL does well.

Warriorcats said...

awesome possum month for meh. the reason my hairs all frizzy and my eyes look a little droopy in the picture with me and rhino is becuase right before that picture i was taking a nap (yes i take naps)

Emily said...

Wow! That post was packed full of info. I'm sorry to hear that things have been a little rough. I hope that means you are in for a break now. I'm also sad to hear about your SIL. I will be definitely pray for her and sending good thoughts your way. Love ya!

Jenny ESP said...

Those bed organizers would be perfect for my kids! Can you post detailed instructions? Or could I just guess how you made them from those pics? Sorry things keep breaking. I think my car's about to die and that will ruin everything, of course.

Jenny ESP said...

PS. Rhino is an awesome name for a hamster, I must say.

ManicMandee said...

Woah there was so much treasure in this post! I loved it. The miniatures, the rodents all over your house, the awesome Christmas gifts you made, where does one even begin! You are a super hero for so many reasons. The top of that list would be because you a- Let all those "pets" in your home and b- you have mad sewing skills!

Good luck to your sister in-law :(

Memzy said...

Soo jealous of your sewing skills!! I want to be you when I grow up.

Katie said...

That pretty much compels me to humility, which is a really uncomfortable place for me to be. I don't like to think about mice, burning, broken vacuums, sewing, people being sick, broken icemakers, etc. I am so so sorry. I'm pretty sure I would have just walked away.

廖佳怡 said...

關鍵字行銷 網路行銷 軟體行銷 搬家 活水機 濾水器 淨水器 1069 GUCCI GUCCI包 GUCCI包包 LV包 LV LV包包 除腳臭 自慰器 情趣用品 情趣商品 跳蛋 按摩棒 高雄監視器 監視器 監視器材 監視攝影 網路創業 當鋪 當舖 流當品 特賣會 團體服 免費廣告 佛具 加盟 臭臭鍋 加盟 火鍋 期貨 婚紗 情趣用品 情趣 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 減肥 豐胸 整形 電波拉皮 雷射溶脂 飛梭雷射 私密處保養