Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Waking up with a fright.

This morning, I decided that I was going to sleep in till 7:00. Carrie had to leave for work early, it was raining and it seemed like a good day not to get up early to go walking.

As I was getting out of bad...very slowly like and getting ready to wake up the monsters, I see this huge flash of light that was all sparky then a big BOOM! that shook the house. Needless to say, I did not need to wake up everyone. All the kids ran into our room asking what happened while LM and I ran to the window. We saw smoke coming from the power lines that sit on the corner of our property. I said "It looks like the transformer blew." (like I even know what a transformer is but I pretended). LM and I went outside to take a look and we see that one of the guide wires from the ground to the pole had broke. We call the electric company and find out that a semi outside of town hit a power line. While we were outside, we start hearing a series of booms throughout town and lots of sparks coming from other poles, then lots and lots of sirens. Guys, I don't remember the last time this town had so much excitement.

BUT here's the best part. We walk back inside and we see Bub standing at the top of the stairs. He's shaking really bad and he says: "Is it Optimus Pwime?". It took everything I had not to fall on the ground laughing. We tried to explain to him that it's not that kind of transformer, but I still don't think he gets it because he keeps asking if it was a different kind of robot.

21 comments:

lindsay said...

Oh my goodness. That is HILARIOUS! Too bad we're out of town and missed the excitement!

Markie23 said...

Cristin, that is one of the funniest stories... EVER. You should send it in to Readers Digest and make some cash. Thanks for the laugh!

Sephalo said...

Aaaawww hahahaha Thats too funny.

Um, no to rush you but I need details and pictures about last night... please and thank you :)

ManicMandee said...

I could use similar excitement around here. That is so funny!

Hot Pants said...

Definitely Readers Digest worthy! Dwight laughed his head off.

Memzy said...

Oh. Lollerz!!!!

Jenny ESP said...

Laugh. Out. Loud!!! Good thing you didn't say it was a decepticon that blew or he really would've been freaked out.

A Piece said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kanta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hapi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cathe said...

Told, Aaron, he laughed his guts out...Oh How I love Bub...

Cathe said...

Told, Aaron, he laughed his guts out...Oh How I love Bub...

Megan said...

Oh- that is Cool he connected the dots in his world... Optimus Pwime!!!

blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info

Magic Oracle said...

Oh! funny

----------------------------------
Enjoy with me in Thailand
http://thai2nightlife.blogspot.com/

DeeDee1Whoa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lena said...

I'm totally scared when it thunders, never mind a huge power problem....in fact, I'd probably had been more reassured if it WAS Optimus Prime!..lol

LV bags said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.