Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm blaming it on the weather.

Rainy, overcast, dreary skies is so unmotivating. I want to curl up in a ball and hibernate until the sun comes out again....in 9 very very very looooooong months. I don't know if I'm extra super bummed because our summer was like snap your fingers fast or what but it sucks. Not to sound bitter but, I hate you Oregon....I hate you... Is it too much to ask for 3 full months out of the year to have clear skies and sun??? really??? I'll even settle for not so warm just as long as the sun comes out. With my constant complaining about the weather, LM and I have come to the conclusion that even though I've lived here longer than anywhere else...I will never be a true Oregonian. For some reason this doesn't make me feel bad. You see, to be a true Oregonian, you have to be the kind of person that tolerates the 3 months of sun to get to the depressing weather....

So here's all the updates:
Kids in school...ALL. THE. KIDS. IN. SCHOOL. Oh yeaaaaaaaaah!


Jackson 8th grade
Last year of Junior High!!!!!! Contrary to all the freakin gray hairs on my head, I'm not old enough...shut up.
Sara 5th
5th grade rules the grade school. Nice to be at the top of the food chain. Also has an awesome teacher.


Emily 1st
My former kindy WAS excited about school till she found out you have to do work in first grade... she has a great teacher that calls her sugar which turns Emily into mush and makes her love her teacher even more.


Bub Kindergarten...FINALLY!!!
His teacher was Emily's teacher last year. We had to warn her that he's um...a little more...challenging than Emily. He seems to be doing pretty good, though I don't know if he actually talks to any kids. Everyday when I pick him up he's usually standing around sucking his thumb.


School started September 7th....except for Kindergarten because the school obviously hates us and made the Kindies wait till the 10th to start. That was a rough week....

We are only 3 weeks in and have gotten 3 teacher calls about 2 kids. I don't want to name names but it wasn't about Jackson or Emily.... We were totally expecting a call about Bub....I mean it's Bub... ::heavy sigh:: We WERE able to do a car pick up but he has a love of running into the road so now we have to actually get out of our car and go to the office to pick him up.... ::heavy drawn out lazy person sigh:: Sara...awww Sara. She's my little ball of stress and it seems to be really bad this year. She totally lucked out by getting a really sweet understanding teacher.

I'm proud to say that the first month in and Emily is getting an award next week for being responsible. YAY for something positive!!!

I'm already tired of the complaints about getting up, like for some reason the kids think I love getting out of a warm cozy bed to run around making sure everyone is fed, dressed, dogs walked, homework in back packs and lunches made.

The mornings are soooo freekishly quiet without kids...you would think I would get tons done but no It's just me, LM, his work and metal music... and I still don't get anything done. Maybe when all the kids are in all day school ::wishful thinking::

I got a job..woot

Then, I lost the job...::sob:: causing minor depression. I was babysitting the cutest, chubbiest 6 month old but his old babysitter had an opening so I got kicked to the curb.

But gooder news, I got another job...woot! Because I don't get enough kid time, I'm now a nanny for 3 adorable kids that are so squeezably adorable, they also remind me that I'm really glad that I don't have little little kids. lol

Work on the house has sloooooooowed down a bit. We were like crazy people, then we kind of hit the remodeling wall. Maybe a little burn out...maybe a little financial burn out. But we are slowly making progress. At least I can walk around my house!!!! I'm still in love with my kitchen...in fact I love being in there. It's such a strange sensation. I'm not use to it. All the flooring is done on the main floor! It's mainly all the little things that we have left to do. Lots of touch up paint because of all the little bumps from moving furniture back in. I'm soooooo in love with my house right now. I'll have to put more updates up...maybe when the weather clears...in 9 months. j/k sort of...

I want to thank everyone for prayers and adding Donna's name to the temples. She's not doing so good, the cancer is trying to kick her butt but she is Donna so she is keeping a pretty good attitude. Please keep her in your prayers.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Jackson is TALL! Yay for back to school time. Hey, how is Jackson doing? I know you really struggled with putting him back in public school...

Jenny ESP said...

I get you. Weather is super important to our happiness level. All the kids look fab on their first day, but Sara is totally rockin' her style, yo.

Memzy said...

HUGE!! Your kids! And I totally agree about the weather. When it's gloomy for more than one day in a row I just want to crawl back into bed and mope.

Cathe said...

I can't believe Bub is in school..They are looked so cute..Can't believe this is Jackson and Sam's last year in middle school...I won't go into the gray hair discussion with you...But congrats on the new job!!!yea!!!
I'm sorry to hear about Donna...