Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Favorites

1. Staying up til 2 am finishing a book. I've missed it, it's been MOOOOOOONTHS since I've done that and I didn't realize how much I missed it till I did it Sunday night. I've had a pile of books waiting for me to read, I kept buying them in hopes that I would get to them but I never did. So this summer is all about catching up on all my reading, finishing book series and finding new books and authors to love.

2. I'm a closet Ke$ha fan.

Don't judge me.

I know she's crazy but I can't help myself. I can no longer deny it. Every time her songs come on the radio, I can't stop myself from singing along... "Because your love your love your love is my drug" "this place about to Blow! Blow!" (how can you not love a video where they have unicorns and have guns that shoot rainbows?) "Tick tock on the clock but the party don't stop,no"
See? Can't stop myself.

3. The peace that comes with getting up early. As much as I whine about it, I really do like getting up early...like before everyone else. I love the quiet and the time to meditate before the noise and movement and whining start. I neeeeeed it and I love it.

4. COPS. I'm so not kidding." Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do when they come for you?" I love that show. People are dumb and I thank them for the sake of entertainment. My most favorite quote of a guy who just got busted with drugs: " I've been getting set up a lot lately." hahaha snort hahaha ::sigh:: ::wiping away tears of laughter:: Plus when Jackson was like 18 months, every time he heard the music start for the show he would run into the room and kick the entertainment center door because at the beginning of each episode, it showed a cop kicking in a door. It still makes me giggle.

5. SUMMER BREAK!!!! Today is the last day of school here and I'm so excited for my kids. I remember that pure happiness that comes with summer break. No more homework! No more getting out the door before 8:00, no more hearing "I don't want to go to school" or even better "I hate school!". Woot! When I start whining about my kids annoying me with their boredom can someone please remind me of this? Thanks.

2 comments:

lindsay said...

I'm with you on 1, 3, and 5. 2 and 4? hmmmm... I guess we all have our oddities, right?? ;)

Memzy said...

So glad to see you blogging so much again!