Friday, June 8, 2012

Another quick ...ok not so quick catch up

I know stuff has happened but it feels like nothing ever happens....but some how I stay busy so I don't know how that works.

January:
Got new glasses. They are so cute...if I say so myself. I should take more pictures of myself...I'm surprised I don't since I look so cute in them...Ok, maybe not so much in this picture but trust me, I look super cute in them.  I don't want to name names but a "friend" of mine is going to need bifocals in the near future...when did I get older? And why does the print have to look so blurry when I read with my glasses on? 



February:
Um I'm pretty sure stuff happened but nothing note worthy.

March:
Bub turned 7!!! I still see him as this crazy 3 year old...now he's a crazy 7 year old with friends (that aren't dogs). He's growing up and getting funnier.

Larry got into a motorcycle accident. He's still in pain, he fractured his leg and hurt his right shoulder, but it hasn't stopped him from getting back on his bike.

Sara turned 12! So close to having 2 teenagers. I can't believe I'm old enough to have a teen and tween...I mean ::nervous laugh:: I'm not old enough to have almost 2 teenagers.


I had been working as a nanny on call for 1 family, which I love. Then at the beginning of March, I was hired to work part time for another family, with a brand new baby so I pretty much get paid to read and hold a sweet newborn for 10 hours a day. I feel like I'm finally catching up with my  book reading. Woohoo! And isn't if funny how like reading one books motivates you to read another and another?? LOOOOVE IT!

HUNGER GAMES!!! Can I get an Amen? I was seriously sick to my stomach days before because I was so afraid that it was going to be awful! Jackson, Sara and I (and a whole theater of teenagers) agree that it was awesome!

April:
Nikita Banana turned 8!
She doesn't look a day over 5 years.

Larry turned 42. No pictures to show...but we did have fun when we went to dinner and happened upon one of  his sisters, brother in law and our nephew. It ended up being a great evening talking and reconnecting.

EASTER
Easter with the Z's of course. The kids had fun even though it's hard to tell by the look on Bub's face. Have I mentioned Beth's carrot souffle??  it's now an Easter staple...thank heaven!

Jackson shaved for the first time. I'm sooooooooooo not old enough for this.


MAY

I bought myself a Nook for an early birthday present and I wish I did it earlier. LOOOOOOOVE it!!!  I really rebelled against it..I love books, I love holding books, smelling new books, turning pages, seeing how far I've read and how much farther I have to read...the whole thing. But in our attempt to reduce our stuff, I realized that all our bookshelves of books isn't helping our cause and I knew that it would just get larger since we already don't have enough shelf space for our books...and even though I'm really scared that when the Zombie Apocalypse happens,we won't have power to recharge our electronic readers,  I made myself shove the (completely rational) fear aside, was brave and just did it.  I'm so glad I did... only downside, my kids keep bugging me to borrow it.  I guess I know what everyone is getting for Christmas...

Larry and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary.  I can't believe it either...

Jackson turned 15!!!!!  GAH!!!  When did he get so old????  Sadly, all the other kids were sick so it was a quiet birthday but he didn't complain...he rarely does...that's why he's my favorite oldest child.

I turned 38.  That's right, I'm putting my real age.  I was actually feeling really good about getting older, thinking about how much smarter I am, how happy I am that the kids are older and much more interesting...then a few days later while I was at work, one of the cleaners asked me if I was the grandmother of the little baby I nanny....Grandmother...that would mean that I look old enough to be a mother of the couple that I work for who are around my age...or at least old enough to be a doctor with a successful practice....I'm rethinking this positive attitude about age...

Aaaaaaaaand we're caught up.

No comments: