Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lincoln City

A little over a week ago, I decided that we all needed a break from our life even if it was for a few days.  It's been around 7 years since we've had a family vacation...even a mini vacation and we were way over due.  So we headed to Lincoln City for a few days.  Now normally, I'm not a huge fan of the Oregon Coast because it's usually rainy, over cast and windy...so all things I don't care for.  But the sky gods were kind and gave me exactly what I needed.  It was a great few days and worth every penny.  We stayed in a great house just a block away from the beach, it was comfy, beautiful and had  a hot tub.  The day we got there, the sun was shining (though you can't tell, that's just the normal NW sky look), hardly any wind and so clear that you could see forever.  I don't remember ever being there and having the sun shine. 

Day 2 the day started rainy but cleared by late afternoon so after a day of lounging, reading, watching movies we headed back to the beach.  It was coooooooold but that did not stop the kids from going back in, at first they thought they would just play in the sand but one by one they went back to the house to change into swimsuits...crazies.  My feet got wet, that was about it.  I'm not into cold water beaches but did enjoy the scenery, fresh air and watching the kids freeze their bunzies off.


Half the weekend, I was on the verge of tears from happiness.  I can't even begin to explain how I was feeling.  I'm so thankful for my family and the break from reality.  Not once did I worry about what is going to happen in the next few months, money, work...nothing.  I enjoyed it and felt content for the first time in a very long time. Can't wait till next time.

No comments: